Let The Spirit of the Horse Lift You Up!
Equine Assisted Counseling (EAC) and Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT)
- Solution Based, Short-Term, Engaging, and Growth Orientated: Horses are spiritual animals that provide non-judgmental and in the moment opportunities for personal and professional growth. These experiences are profound, which promotes change with healthy risk taking and fears awareness. Problems become personal solutions quickly in a non-threatening environment.
- Benefits Everyone: Whether it is an individual, family, couple or group, the Pegasus Model of EAC or EAT provides empowering opportunities to build new coping and life skills for all ages. It aspires to aid in the creation of healthier relationships, effective communication and stronger partnerships with self and others.
- Benefits Any Problem: Regardless of the issue, the Pegasus Model of EAC or EAT is able to help. EAC is used for Addictions, Life Skills, Recovery Coaching, Self Esteem Strategies, Boundaries, Spiritual and Grief Counseling, and Social or Behavioral issues. EAT is used for Trauma, PTSD, Eating Disorders, Mental Health Disorders, such as Depression, and any Social or Behavioral Disorders. (All Professionals that provide EAT, must be Licensed by the State to provide Mental Health Services).
- On the Horse and on the Ground: In the Pegasus Model of EAC or EAT, 90% of the exercises with the horses is on the Ground. However, 10% is on the horse. Safety is First when it comes to EAC or EAT, we have a mandatory Safety Policy that must be followed.
- Professional Counseling or Therapy: The Pegasus Model of EAC or EAT is done with a Trained, Licensed or Certified Team of Professionals Only: A Licensed Mental Health Professional or a Certified Addictions or Grief Counselor, an experienced Equine Specialist and Horse(s) that are preferably Certified through the Certified Therapy Horse Association (CTHA).
DISCLAIMER: Mickey Kay Troxell, CATC II, CEAC II is the Founder of the Pegasus Model and CEO of Pegasus ECT and she Specializes in Addictions Counseling and in EAC.